Dear Makeup Snob…Lost Brands…Please Help?

By  |  17 Comments

Hi everyone! I get multiple messages on Rachel Perry Skincare and below is another one. I dont know alot on what happened to the brand or the other brand messaged below. I was hoping maybe all you beauty lovers could help!

Please see the below message and your comments are appreciated!! Xoxo!

“Dear Makeup Snob

I have an old pink lipstick of Rachel Perry’s Ive had for years. Once it was down to the very end I googled it to find a replacement. I havent seen her stuff around anymore though I really hadnt been searching for it. It was when I went to repurchase that I found out she wasnt selling her products anymore.  Perhaps she passed away or ill?  If i’d known I would have stocked up!

Another similer brand I used was “Beleza” from Italy. You could only get it in a health food shop or mail order. For years I used her honey-olive oil eye cream & I miss it!

How can more info on these companies be tracked down?

I started using Beleza in the 70′s. They had a fabulous green toner! The best ever!!!Better than Rachel Perry’s. They also had vitamin creams that were way ahead of their time and only used natural contents. They didnt have a fancy package just a green & red logo.

If anyone knows anything plz tell me!!! Trina”

Thanks for reading everyone!! xoxo!

I am blogging from San Francisco, CA. I love Makeup, Skincare and Beauty in general. I am Nutrition obsessed and love movies and reality television when I find the time! Want to know more? Click on the About Me tab at the top!! Xoxo! Sara

17 Comments

1. Judy D

June 10, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I used Rachel Perry for 25 or 30 years and I loved her product especially the Ginseng Wrinkle Cream, I run out about 1 year ago and I really can’t find anything that works as well on my face. I feel it is responsible for my lack of wrinkles but now I am really worried since I don’t have anymore if anyone can give me an idea of something that is comparable to this product I would surely appreciate it.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Judy

Elizabeth Reply:

I too began using Rachel Perry in 1984 and have never used anything else until they went out of business. I also feel it has kept me from having wrinkles I might otherwise have had. But I could see they were having problems when fewer and fewer stores carried their line, and more and more competitors came on the market.

Thus far, I haven’t found anything I liked nearly as much, and unlike many things, I never grew tired of the mild fragrances the products had. As to comparable products, everything else I have tried is much heavier, and also much more expensive. But currently I am using MyChelle Ultra Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum and their pumpkin face cream and it seems to be tolerable. Beyond that, I haven’t found anything. The MyChelle pumpkin cream has a really strong fragrance, but apprently it is also available witout fragrance. MyChelle seems to have taken a page out of the early 80′s Rachel Perry marketing book, and sells a small travel bag/sample pack of all their products, and also offers little sample packets at places like the Whole Foods Market stores.

If you find anything better let me know. PLEASE!

2. L

December 30, 2011 at 1:26 am

As I’ve been searching for information on the products, I found this. I too had discovered Rachel Perry products during the ’80′s. At some point I couldn’t always afford it or sometimes would be given some as a gift from a relative. Then later she told me she wasn’t finding it and I suspected it was becoming no longer available, which was upsetting. I have tried other products, but nothing compares, so far.

I always found this to be the best, especially the Vitamin E cream, the Collagen Wrinkle cream, the Rose Toner lotion – the extra bonus being the wonderful, fruity fragrances. I remember upon awakening, my skin would still feel cool and moist.

I don’t know what occurred as to why the unavailability and am still on a search for anything comparable. Good luck to all who feel the same and in finding something else.

3. Sarah

June 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I love Rachel Perry products, too.

I’ve been using BWC cleanser and mask (both good). Am trying Passport turmeric cleanser now and it seems to be really good, too. But I haven’t found any moisturizers as good as Rachel Perry’s. Fortunately, I bought multiple jars of the stuff when the fate of the company was becoming clear. Surprised no one else has bought the formulas…

cynthia Reply:

i used NOTHING but RACHEL…..for over 30 years….and i too was always getting complements about my face…..smooth, soft, complextion, color….it was perfect….it’s been almost 2 yrs since i’ve not been able to find anymore jojoba oil foundation….actually it’s been 2 years until NOW!!…
    HEATH CLASSIC took my CC# for an order of RACHEL PERRY FOUNDATION…..so i only pray
    that my order comes and it indeed is RACHEL PERRY……PLEASE!!!

karen Reply:

Thanks for the info – I have also been looking for Rachel Perry products. I tried to search online for HEATH CLASSIC but found nothing. Thinking this was just a typo, I searched online for HEALTH CLASSIC but only found a Santa Barbra business that seems to have gone under because their phone numbers don’t work. Can you confirm the name of the company that still offers Rachel Perry foundation? Thanks a lot!

4. Anne

October 8, 2012 at 4:00 am

Did some research and found that some Rachel Perry products are available here http://www.paramount-supplements.com/rachelperry.html

5. Linda

January 7, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I truly loved the Rachel Perry products and wish they could be manufactured again – the same as they were. Where is Rachel Perry herself nowadays? Find nothing on Google searching. She’s dropped off the face of the earth. Apparently some mismanagement caused the company to go bankrupt, but it wasn’t because of the product. I really miss those products and would love for them to be sold again.

6. Amy

March 20, 2013 at 11:20 am

Does anyone know where to find Rachel Perry Products or something compreable.
    HELP!

7. Stephanie

September 16, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I loved Rachel Perry’s products and it’s hard to believe they are no longer selling them. Does anyone know any other websites her cosmetics are being sold?

8. Jeanne Marie Anderson

September 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

I had been using Rachel Perry skin care products for at least 30 years…..until last year, when I couldn’t find them anymore. I am 59 years old & my skin has always been youthful & really wrinkle-free…until I began using other products. I feel that my face has aged at least 5 years in the past year. Rachel, where are you?

9. Jeanne Marie Anderson

September 20, 2013 at 9:18 am

I am currently using Andalou Naturals. Doesn’t irritate my skin..but doesn’t seem to nourish it like Rachel Perry. Definitely doesn’t prevent wrinkles :>(

10. Sharon B

September 22, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I am 47 years old and used Rachel Perry products since I was in my teens.
    I am hart broken. I found out that Rachel Perry’s chemist name is Susan Raffy I have emailed her and awaiting a response. Wish me luck

Sara Reply:

I do wish you luck!! Its so sad to see a good brand go! I hope you can get in touch! Let me know!!

11. Jeanne Marie Anderson

October 8, 2013 at 8:27 am

Yes Sharon…Please let us know what you find out & good luck!

12. Darlene Godwin

November 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I spoiled too and empathize with you. I loved Rachel Perry! Started with her in1988, her botanical products immediately healed my skin. When I moved from NY to VA it was hard to come by and my skin began to age and get dry with white bumps. Then I discovered Arbonne. These products fixed everything andtook 10 years off my face and body. I love Arbonne so much I began selling it. Since 2004 I have stuck with this amazing company because of it’s botanical base and modern science to help the botanicals penetrate deeper into the dermis to heal the skin from the inside out. Awesome! If you would like to try it for your self please email me dgodwin 821 @ g mail . Com and I will hook you up or go to arbonneinternational.com and use # 17974762. Let me know your results.

13. Lisa Kellogg

February 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got word that Rachel Perry products are going to be produced again. They should be back on shelves in the spring.

Add Comment Register